Saturday 25 February 2012

Walking in London

If you ask anyone that know me they will tell you that I am a big fan of bread (all carbohydrates to be honest) but I feel like bread is my weakness. My favourite thing for breakfast is a muffin or my nanny's home-made banana bread, but since she's not here in London and I refuse to make Banana Bread because I would eat the entire thing in just one sitting I decided to look for the best muffins in town. I just started my search but I will be giving you updates on it . Usually I go for a Costa Coffee on Saturdays and I order a Capuchino and a Raspberry and White Chocolate muffin. I have tried almost all of them and that is the best one, although the apple one is pretty good. Today I went to this place called Muffinski's near Covent Garden. I wasn't sure if it was worth the trip but I must say it was a good experience. Muffinski's is a small cafe, 2 minutes from the tube station. To be honest I was a little dissapointed with what I saw. If you look in the webpage they offer you 80 different kinds of muffins and I was really excited but when I got there they only had about 5 and not the ones I wanted. Most of them were Gluten free, which is good if you are alergic or into that kind of stuff. Since they didn't have the one I wanted (Peanut Butter) I order a Chocolate Chip one. I have to say one of the good things about this muffins is that they are literally baked 5 minutes before you buy them so they are fresh, soft on the inside but a little crispy on the outside. The one I chose was a bit sweet but I'm sure that the Rasberry one is not so sweet. Although is not the best muffin I have ever eaten Muffinski's is definetly worth the trip. So next time you are near Covent Garden or Leicester Square go and try some. They also have frozen yogurt and savory muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment