Saturday 28 April 2012

Day around London

So today I went to spend the day with Philippa. She was a really close friend of my grandmother and I met her last year when my mum came to visit me. We go out every now and then and I love it because not only does she spoil me but she takes me around London and I go to new places that I have never been before. She is really funny and I can only imagine how much fun she and my grandma must have had.

First I met her in her house near East Putney which is kind of far from where I live but is a nice village to visit because is not too full of people and is very quiet and interesting.
We went to have lunch to this pub called "The Telegraph" and let me tell you....don't judge a book by it's cover. I thought it was going to be hideous english food, but I was truly surprised!!! It was the best food I have had in ages. I would make the trip every weekend if it means I can go have such a wonderful lunch again.

http://www.thetelegraphputney.co.uk/



I had a goat cheese tart to start which was sooooo good and then a hamburguer with chips. The meat was perfectly cooked, juicy and delicious and the chips where amazing! Philippa had squid as a starter which looked quite good and then a chicken with sweet sauce which looked amazing!! The desserts looked really good specially the apple and pear crumble but I was too full to even think about it.
Afterwards we went to Kensigton Palace, which was reopened only 3 weeks ago and the exhibitions are quite good. Specially if you are interested in English Royalty.



No comments:

Post a Comment